On October 29, 2018, Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan plans to inaugurate the first phase of Istanbul's new airport, which will enter history with its vast spaces, infrastructure, technological systems, and ancient architecture.
Istanbul's third airport in a lines
- Istanbul Third Airport was built on an area of 76.5 million square meters.
- The construction of the other phases will be completed by the year 2023.
- 10,000 employees and workers have worked for establishing the new airport.
- The airport provides 6 separate runways.
- The capacity of 500 aircraft.
- Open and closed garage for about 70 thousand cars.
- The capacity of the first phase is 90 million passengers per year.
- Its capacity will be 200 million passengers per year after all phases are completed.
- Will provide services to 250 airlines.
- (2000) plans will take off and land every day.
- Flights to more than 350 destinations will be organized daily.
- The company that established the airport will pay the state € 26 billion, including taxes, over 25 years.
- Built under one roof on an area of 1.3 million m2, the largest building in the world.
- The roof was built according to the principles and rules of the architecture, which was adopted by the famous Turkish architect «Sinan Pasha».
- The airport will have a free zone overlooking the Bosphorus.
Airport and travelers security
- The latest technology has been used to maintain airport and passenger security.
- Ground radars will be used for the first time at Istanbul's new airport.
- Traffic will be monitored from a distance of 2.5 km.
- Every 60 meters there will be fixed cameras for one direction, and in all 360 meters multi-directional cameras, and in all 720 meters thermal cameras and sensors.
- There is a digital signage system at the airport, and the infrastructure is equipped to identify people's faces.
See now the designs of the new airport in Istanbul in 360 degrees.
Edit: Imtilak Real Estate ©
Source: Anadolu Agency